Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Was at the college a few weeks ago, didn't see any hand tattoos but there were arms, wrists and necks inked.

Plenty in the job with ink as well, officially they should be covered but it doesn't seem to be religiously enforced anymore and a black rose isn't confrontational or insulting to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 29 g_or97

Says in the email with your PCT date just to let them know of any tattoos

“Ensure any/ all visible tattoos/ body art are communicated to College Representative (Including art on hands, below wrist or above collar-bone)”

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iphone1923

Jesus necks I'd be more worried about that than a hamd. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darrenq97

How long after meeting with superintendent do you get an intake offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 toyforme

How long after the fitness test is the medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

Directly after you finish the fitness test you'll be given a form with a list of different centres around the country to book the medical yourself.

So you'll pick which one suits you better, call the number ASAP so you could literally get a date for the next day or so..

All the best 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gardenfield26

Hi all just wondering if you fail the fitness are you given time to repeat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Hi guys, do you receive an email a couple of days after passing the fitness test about details for booking the medical, or do you just go ahead and ring the closest centre to you from the sheet of paperwork the person from the public appointments gives you after you pass your fitness test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

Yes ring the medical centre of your choice ASAP, as appointments get booked up quickly & they'll sort you out with a date. They have a certain amount of slots put aside for people passing the fitness test.

I am batch 9 and meeting the superintendent this week. Does anyone know will it be possible I will be in the May intake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

I met with local Sargent on the 17th met super the 20th and got a phone call the 24th to offer may intake had to reply to let them know by the 28th …. That’s two weeks notice that they usually give you so can let Your current job know … But might get a phone call this week or next week might be no harm after super meeting to email Garda appointments and say you’d be available for may intake if you really wanted the the may intake in case any free spaces from people deferring 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Doug123

Hi everyone! Anyone know is the start date confirmed for May intake? I have everything done myself just waiting on a offer. Probably be August for me at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Betty16

I got the call at 1630 today but have to defer til August. The May intake is 15.05.23

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SamH94

@Betty16 what batch are you ?

Hi does anyone know what to wear to the superintendent meeting?

Anyone in batch 9 get an offer for May yet?

Originally I was batch 7. Everything was completed on 19.04.23

I'd say interview clothes, shirt and tie, slacks. That sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SamH94

@Betty16 thank you ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevbo91

Hey guys, I've my Fitness test on Saturday, over done it in the gym yesterday and pulled a muscle in my lower back, how do I go about putting back the fitness test till I get it sorted?

• Advertisement

Great thanks. Can you give an insight as to what they’ll ask me or talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Days I did it people were dressed in jeans and shirt or jumper no need for a suit I’d say. Takes about 20 mins Just go through your form B from start to finish so just have a look over it before going in … spends most the time going through family on list asking if have any criminal history and given you advice how to handle yourself as a Garda 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jitender singh

I am in batch 11 aswell. Did you get added to whats app group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jitender singh

Can you please add me to batch 11 whats app group? Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lexieduke

What did people do about missing information on Form B? I’ve been contacted about it my the gaurds but looking for guidance off anyone who has done it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Does Anyone have any idea what happens of you dont make the 30 BMI for the repeat medical? Passed the fitness easily first time and have lost 11kg since but i'm still 7kg short of the 30BMI with 7 weeks to go. Is it a straight fail? Or do they still use the Hip:Waist ratio? Mine is less than 1.

Hey guys, if you have a fitness test coming up, please practice and push yourself as hard as you can. It was embarrassing at how many people failed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

The failure rate in recent pcts has been high in the college. A lot of people seemingly just showing up and giving it a lash. Nothing to be too anxious about, but no matter what your fitness level is you should be passing each component in your training before making the journey down.

You'll be tested in the sports hall for the bleep test. Indoor, wooden floors. Get to a flat surface, mark out your 20m and train it twice a day. Take the last day before the test off.

Push-ups are tested immediately after sit-ups. Train each exercise one after the other with a 10/15 second break between. For push-ups, make sure you've researched and are aware of proper form. Sit-ups you'll be anchoring your feet under a steel bar. Take the last day before the test off.

The obstacle course is generally considered the easiest component. You'll be gassed at the end but this is the only component you'll be able to actually "adrenalin through". You'll have an instructor commanding where you need to go on the course so don't be worried about forgetting the sequence. You'll watch the previous candidate do their course as you're brought in for your own.

Best of luck.

I passed mine, fairly easy enough. Waiting on the medical now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Walked mine also but have been deferred due to my BMI being too high. Absolute Joke in my opinion

Advertisement