Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebel 2000

The form itself has to be typed and then the last page must be printed, signed and scanned again. As far as i know a typed signature wont do for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmanuel.samuel

Maybe someone could brief me in how long of a wait after confirmation email of passing medical ? And the next few steps involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coolio12340

Any WhatsApp groups for batch9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DconEx2023

I done my medical over a week ago, rang Dublin the other day and they said it will be another couple of days. Met with my Sargent and vetting is completed. I'm batch 6 having failed the fitness twice because I was not prepared. The failure rate on the day I did and passed mine in April was very high and someone else said here it was bad on the 6th of May. A family member of mine is a Garda and he said that they are waiting until they get a batch of 250 who passed the fitness and the medical.

Also contrary to what others are being told, the vetting is not done by a third party getting company. Some reckon that this is holding up the process. Accenture told me they have yet to receive my Sargent form and the medical back hence why I rang Dublin. I did mine in CHI Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darrenq97

Anyone get an offer for the July intake yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall95h

I did on Tuesday! Date not fully confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darrenq97

What batch are you? And when did you finish everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall95h

Not sure what batch. I finished everything around the start of February

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sully56

Anyone have a rough idea as to how long the PCT takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

881 candidates are still in the Garda clearance process, which encompasses a physical competency test, a medical and vetting. This number includes the 154 who are due to start in the Garda College on 15 May 2023. Of these, eight candidates came through the Irish stream. 

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/publications/general-reports/commissioner-s-monthly-reports-to-policing-authority/commissioner-s-monthly-report-to-the-policing-authority-may-2023.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Batch should be on email you received when you passed your interview

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Anyone else here waiting to meet local station for over 3 months now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shaneos436

Hello all,

I’m aware many of you are far beyond interview stage. I completed my interview this week, I felt I was able to answer each question efficiently but it was only 4/5 questions Garda related the rest was solely based on competencies. Could anyone explain were they confident leaving the interview or is it the norm to be nervous?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

It's completely normal to be nervous after the interview. I was sure I'd have a good idea of how I got on before I done it, after it I was literally 50/50 in my head whether I passed or failed, I ended up passing and doing over average in all competencies. Hope it goes well and best of luck 👍

So normal to be nervous , it’s not your typical style of interviewing . Don’t be hard on yourself and remember for you to be interviewed you’re deemed appropriate . Congrats for getting this far 🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lynch1990

I did my interview today. It wasn’t straight forward but I answered all the questions the best I could and hit most of the competencies. They took two competencies for one example I gave, which I thought was strange.

what type of feedback do you receive? Pass or fail? Or a break down?

I done my interview this week also and they took two competencies for one of my examples too. The lad I done my prep course with Garda IP told me it’s a common practice for them to do this as if you’ve a strong enough example that they feel covers both competencies then they’ll be satisfied with that. My opinion would be that’s a good thing as you’ve effectively hit two competencies on the head!

If there’s anyone on here viewing this comment who is batch 12 please send me a DM and I will create a WhatsApp groupchat!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Anyone hanging around from batch 3 still?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DconEx2023

Your fitness should follow within the next 4 to 5 weeks. Prepare is all I can say and train on the beep test at least twice a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

The people who did their interviews this week, did you apply in the most recent recruitment?

No Grace,

Part of 2022 Garda Recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coolio12340

Any WhatsApp’s for batch 9 , ? please DM me if so !

Hey for the bleep test the most strategic type of training is speed sessions, one long run and one bleep practice . Count the runs by the times below , this was sent to me by a serving member and helped me pass . Basically takes 9 second to run from point a - b in round one count them in your head . This stops you running for your life and tiring yourself out . It helped me and a few others I sent it onto 💪🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vinny312

Hi guys anybody here could help me with the stage 2. any examples that I could study to have any idea how looks like?

Thanks in advance,

vinny

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Did anyone here have to do a written exercise prior to interview, just a requirement this years recruitment have to do and looking for some insight

• Registered Users Posts: 11 starbht

I got the career services stage 2 prep course. Stage two was a report writing but it’s more like a timed statement writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Vinny312

I have no idea how it looks like. I don’t want to be lost. Are u work in the Garda already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cg2022

Hi all I had my interview early this week also felt it went terrible, I felt like I was repeating myself on answers even do i was well prepared it just didnt go aswel as i wanted. Will just have to wait and see. I'm also batch 12 can somebody let me no about the what's app group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sanya89

In the same boat.. best of luck and fingers crossed 🤞🤞

Advertisement