Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Iphone1923

I'm in the same boat as you, I was 31 for my medical, she done the measurements said it was fine, then I got told deferred. Now I have to get below the 30 to 29. July is out the window for me aswell. September fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emmanuel.samuel

Wondering if anyone else is on the same boat as me, done and passed both medical and PFT but haven't got a call for local station meeting. It's been over a month since email saying I passed medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

Yeah as long as your below 30 i think you're ok. The application booklet states "non-obese" so anything below 30 should be accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 9 berry2020

Hi all. I have completed everything. Met with my Superintendent a week ago and told me dublin will have my documents on 22/6/23. I'm batch 11. Has anyone heard or got calls to be accepted in for the July intake. Or what's the big hold up ?

Thanks All

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jjj2023

Hi all,

I did the pct couple months ago and failed bleep with only 8 shuttles to go. I’ve been training consistently since even with a PT. I ran the test last night and only got two more shuttles than the PCT. Any advice? I have resit in July and afraid I’m not going to pass it even with all my effort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 DconEx2023

I found that the shimmy technique helped me - quick Google if it and it explains it. When I done the beep test I ran at a steady pace and didn't take notice of the others. Start slow and conserve your energy and begin to pick up pace at around the start of Level 5. I started off being behind all of the people in my group and ended up being the last one running as everyone else in my group failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

does many actually fail the fitness and if so do you get a chance to repeat?

#

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DconEx2023

You can repeat it and you only repeat the part you failed. If you pass the beep test and sit ups and press ups but fail the obstacle course you only have to come back and repeat the obstacle course. If you fail the beep test but pass the press ups and sit ups you have to repeat all three.

Part A; Beep Test, Sit Ups, Press ups.

Part B; Obstacle Course.

If you fail either part and pass the other on your second attempt, you can appeal and get a final chance to do it but you gotta repeat the entire day even if you pass either part.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LP404

Anyone get an offer yet for the next intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Alex.k

Hi do you mind me asking, did you get official email invite this week. Have received a call few weeks ago saying I be in July intake and that I get an email on the last week of June (this week) but nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Does anyone know about the tattoo policy in training ? Does it have to be covered at all times ? Just wondering how that would work regarding physical training with t shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LP404

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking how long it was from when you got your Medicals and interviews done to when you got the offer? Have my interviews done now but just waiting on my medical! @kaycon

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jm2901

Hi just wondering whats the date for your intake

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kseward2000

Anyone know if there is a WhatsApp group for batch 10 of the Garda recruitment 22/23?? Please DM

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kseward2000

I was in batch 10, did anyone let you know if there was a group chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 osk112

I am Batch 10, finished whole recruitment process waiting on the good news for next intake, if there is any whatsapp group msg me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

Well

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

For exercise and fitness it shouldn't be a problem but during college time you'll have to cover them up and wear the long sleeve uniform top.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

How soon after interviews do you hear back results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 WallyBoy

About a month if I recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Grace259

Grand and does anyone know who does the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kamiq22

Does anyone know if there is set timelines for the next intakes, August, October, Jan or Feb for example?

Passed my PCT, have medical next week & going by previous messages interview with Seragent/Super should be within 4-6 weeks of medical then its a waiting game on vetting to be completed.

Im in Batch 11 so had initially been assuming it could be 12 months from now before I would be called to Templemore all going well but seeing the number of people failing the PCT has made me think it could be run through sooner & jumping people higher than me on the OOM based on people having to repeat the PCT & the backlog that will cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 osk112

It's hard to know but the only thing I know is that one of the intake groups in Templemore have attestation on 28th July so I believe August be the next one for those that went through all the recruitment process will be getting notified for next intake.

The intakes are usually every 2 months so yes August > October > December or January.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shaneos436

If there’s anyone batch 12 on here we have a WhatsApp group chat if you’d like to be added please DM

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnCOUniF

Any groups for July intake? just received my offer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnCOUniF

31st of July start

Anyone who had to submit the cert after being deferred for bmi, how long were you waiting to have it confirmed?

Appointments confirmed everything else is done and checked just need This signed off and I’ll get an offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Anyone know how long the stability checks can take ? Have everything past since march waiting on meeting the local superintendent and stability checks to come back ,

Advertisement