Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor Gas Free Boiler > Question on Gas tank

Options
  • 11-02-2022 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

I have seen Calor Gas has an offer at present .

Switch now to Calor gas and get a free boiler

I Would assume that people are locked in a 1/2/3 years contract with Calor, as gas supplier

Do people need to buy the Gas tank ?

How much would that cost?

and would it be a case of removing my Kerosene tank and kinda put the Gas tank in the same corner of the garden?

(calor recommend 1.5m from boundary wall, which is roughly where my oil tank is placed and 3 m from shed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

You rent the gas tanks, there is an annual charge for them.

Don't know about being locked in by taking the deal but there is nowhere to switch to anyway other than Flogas and that involves change of tank again! It's not like electricity where you can switch around each year easily.

There would have to be new piping installed I imagine from tank to boiler, they wouldn't be using the stuff you had already for oil boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do the maths on this before you jump in for this offer.

Calor LPG gas is less energy dense than oil or natural gas and costs nearly twice as much.

Post edited by ongarite on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Post edited by ongarite on

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

Thanks for the comment

That s exactly the reason for my post. To put together a budget and also understand yearly cost

Then do pros & cons

Advertisement