Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Nations 2022 - France v Ireland, 12/02/22, KO 4.45pm - Virgin Media 1, ITV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Will Murray not just keep kicking the ball back to them? He will bring a bit of physicality though I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

France in complete control. Everywhere. We're being rucked to death.

And Carberry is playing in a different postcode when Ireland do have the ball. Miles away from the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This game reminds me of when we played England in the Autumn Nations Cup. We were physically dominated and got our timing all wrong on the few attacks we had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

France have shown us that they deserved that 12 points so far. Ireland was very lucky there not to see another French try without the intervention of Ali right in front of the posts before it came to HT. I wonder what Farrell will say in the dressing room with that performance from his team in green. I would say that it won't be pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Shehal

The only positive is 1 try gets us back into it...but where the hell will that come. We have no momentum whatsoever, we will need France to have a collapse similar to the first 25 minutes versus NZL for us to have any chance of getting back into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭standardg60

Think we'll be doing really well to get another score.

Just being man-handled off the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

His up and under that was too long and easily marked when we had decent field position was big moment. I don't think we've been back in their half since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Porter doesn't seem to be able to square Antonio at all, he is just turning in, the Irish hookers are getting screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

a lot of issues but nearly all of it fixable. Occasion is definitely getting to the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Porter having a tough outing! The front five are not getting parity. We're being murdered at the rucks.

Someone was just taken off at 39 minutes. Either Ryan or Doris.

Alldritt is the best 8 by a long margin. Doris has been muck for 2 straight matches. The power of France is telling. Hopefully, we can get into this in the 2nd half.

I think the up and unders are a good strategy. Boring as hell but could pay some dividends. Carberry couldn't tackle a corpse@

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We're being beaten at every ruck. French are bigger, stronger and sharper. Very easy to blame the half backs, but they're behind a beaten pack. I think Murray will just kick the ball back to the French. This is going to be a long afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Poor performance all over the pitch, line outs and defence, giving pens away for fun, could be hammered here

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭starkid

are they?

we bemoaning lack pf power, pace, athleticism. meanwhile we have athletic powerful guys playing URC.

time for a reboot.

A loss to England and we're back to where we started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

A lot of negativity here. Ireland have been poor.

JGP was poor first half last week as well but turned it around. France have dominated the scrum and rucks but haven't really looked like scoring.

Doris can't catch the ball and passes don't really seem to be sticking.

But that's as bad as I've seen Ireland play in a long time and it can be turned around.

All it takes it for the ref to start pinging France lying on the ball or calling the offside line and it could easily turn. France can very easily get on the wrong side of a ref. Faster ball at the ruck and JGP will improve massively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i dont know what can really be affected by subs TBH. get over the gain line and just rucked back into submission conceding possession or a penalty. a sobering schooling so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭standardg60

100%

He is playing so soft, hopefully this will be the final recognition that he's not up to replacing Sexton

We can complain about our half backs until the cows come home but the fact is there is not much Sexton or Murray could do under these circumstances, if we are losing the collisions to the extent we are then what happens behind the scrum is of little important.

Henderson is the only player we could bring on who can affect the game physically. He's already only what was was hopefully not another head injury for Ryan. POM isn't the guy you want when you need physically dominant players.

France have a 6/2 split from the bench so will bring on more monsters.

you're totally underestimating Sextons management of the game. He's also very physical.

I feel for Joey he was told to move, he did and now he's under huge pressure from two very good tens.

He's a 15 all day long.

Its not just physicality but simply calm heads, the amount of times we have forced things well before France started getting on top just screamed of a side who's not in the right head space.

• Advertisement

Really because I remember against England in the 2019 & 2020 6N when this happened that he was equally useless. Yes Carbery hasnt been great but blaming him is missing the point completely just like we did when we lost to Japan at the RWC, ignored all the terminal problems we had just pinned all the blame on who was wearing the 10 shirt, and in a surprise to absolutely no-one those problems arise again when we played NZL in the QF.

sexton will be a few yards further forward, but thats redundant if (when) the collision is lost.

but he could keep them pinned back somewhat which we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

I think it was Ryan - henderson will be better. If Dorris, POM will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭honestbroker

Henshaw needs to be on now, Ringrose always a liability in against good teams

Ryan is back on.

Has Farrell made any changes to the team or has he left it unchanged?

Agreed, back row playing like a threesome of donkies, Alldrit doing what he likes.

Even someone like POM will make a difference, yes he isnt a monster physically but he wont let the occasion get to him.

Henderson to 2nd row, Byrne to 6 and O Mahony to 7

• Advertisement

Getting pinged for offside at the kick twice.

It's just a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

**** off like. Once again french player lying on our side with impunity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Another terrible start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Tough to watch this.

Great, picked up where we left off in the 1st half...Its like we are waiting for the game to be completely out of reach before we try to do anything.

If Jaminat nails this I struggle to see anyway back, 3 scores is just too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭CptMonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Go on VdF after a good lineout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

try!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Big score.

22-7 looks game, we need a try here to have any shot. Our best chance of a try the whole game.

• Advertisement

Nice one VDF. You got Ireland right back in it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Gardner doing his best to disallow it.

Scored! Needed that badly after the penalty concession, without the try there I think the game was dead and buried. Hopefully that try the moment shift we needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

I think the lesson from the two Irish tries is keep the ball as far away from Gibson Park as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

8 point deficit. lets go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Some how we are only 8 points behind... calm head now!

What a great break from Carbery. We need to see more of that please.

oh wait was it all a rope a dope? now move the big lumps around?

• Advertisement
Advertisement