Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three 4G/LTE frequency ?

• 11-02-2022 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

Google is telling me that 3IRL Frequency is 800MHz or 1800MHz, is this correct?

Got one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09F39WFFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It will connect 2g and 3g, it'll send Sms on LTE but won't connect on LTE mobile data with 3IRL sim

Same with Vodafone sim.

Router Supposed to work on 800MHz or 1800MHz as far as I can see.

Just wondering if I'm missing something.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

In this unit description mentioned frequencys are all that are used in Irl

4G (LTE) might be just out of range for this potentially weak device. Take it outside on long Ethernet cable - see if it gets better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Thanks for that, tried with a longer cable outside just in case but same result.

Sim works 4g in crappy old phone as hotspot, but was looking to get a stronger wifi and slightly better 4g signal.

I guess the APN settings are ok as it works fine for 3G data

Seems like it just doesn't meet the description, just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something

Perhaps there is setting to set device to operate in 3G only mode - worth check

Anyhow, i only learn such "brand" and device exsist from you, hell know whats inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There are three versions of that device, if you got ver3 like the Amazon listing has the spec for it should work.

That said its only CAT4, a modern smartphone is CAT20. Poor value for money in 2022.

I had another go with a Vodafone sim and it works 4G data no problem.

When I use a 3 sim it only connects for 3G data, if I select "4g only" just get Failure all the time.

3 and Vodafone use the same Frequency for 4G 800Mhz/1800mHz I think

Only difference is the APN settings

3IRL settings i'm using below

Apn# internet

MCC# 272

MNC# 02

Authentication# PAP

thanks

• Advertisement

Try:

3internet

or

3ireland.ie

MCC 272

MNC 05 (02 is O2)

Thanks for the help, dug out and tried all the different Apn settings bit no joy.

Put it down to cheap box that doesn't do what it promises

Got some good info from the site below, so i'll put here incase anyone stumbles on this thread,

https://editorsean.com/articles/irish-mobile-broadband-sim-card-apn-settings/comment-page-1/

Advertisement