Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Limit

Options
  • 11-02-2022 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone. I know there isn't technically an age limit , but what age do you think is too old to apply to do the post graduate masters in primary school teaching ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I would say never too old. I think the best thing is to talk to a college, a lecturer is probably better rather than the sales pitch from the marketing dept.

I have many friends who have gone back to do teaching some in Hibernia, others in Galway, Maynooth, and Marino, they were in their 30's and 40's both primary and secondary and their real-world experience has helped.

I have also known many teachers who have done masters while teaching, such as masters in education some with an eye on principalship (in UL/Mary I, DCU, Cork/Hull University, and Marino/TCD).

Advertisement