Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid enhanced illness benefit

• 11-02-2022 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

how does the enhanced Illness benefit work? I applied for it but it didn’t ask how long for etc.. how will they know how long I’m out of work for? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭paddyirish23

I did the dame a few weeks back. Looks like it's an automatic 7days and they take you off it. If your still out of work you've to reapply for it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes rules have changed since January it was originally paid for 10 days but as self isolating rules reduced to 7 days, the maximum allowed now is 7 days so I presume department don't need an end date, they determine in advance 7 days only.

It also cannot be extended (I believe) instead if a person unable to work they have to apply for illness benefit and that requires a certificate of incapacity to work from your GP and obviously enough contributions to qualify.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Marymoore

Do either of you know what happens if you’re sick for 5 days and not the full 7? Would you be entitled I wonder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

My understanding (Guess) is that with new rules the payment is made based on current isolation rules as in 7 days , I'm not entirely sure if applying for the payment there's an option for how many days it's paid but I've not personally applied so just going on the info published and updated very recently on link above.

I recall it could be originally extended but can't recall if specific amount of days could be claimed as it was essentially based on isolation recommendations . Open to correction however 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement