Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc making wi fi unusable when i boot it up.

Options
  • 12-02-2022 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

So any time i boot up my pc it slows down wi fi to nothing or the network just vanishes! cant even load you tube video! pc is plugged into 8 port splitter so it isnt even plugged directly into router! router is a standard cheap vodafone piece of s##t huawei . looking for suggestions for a tp link router 150-200 euro range that be able handle my pc better and not crash internet.iv a good tp link extender but as well so thats why id prefer tp link!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sounds like your PC is using up all the bandwidth when booted. I would start by checking it out, is it infected with something? Is it running a large amount of updates, like games/windows on a already slow enough connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I would suggest to eliminate all other devices - i avail, connect computer directly to the router over Ethernet cable - no 8p "splitter"(i guess switch?), no TP-Link extender, nothig else. See if issues persist then.

Advertisement