Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed Camera Speeding Ticket Question

Options
  • 12-02-2022 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I received a ticket in the post for doing 130 km in a 120 km/hr zone near Balbriggan on the M1. It carries 3 penalty points with it. Does anyone know whether 9 km over is zero points. I was driving at the time the ticket said. Photo of my reg plate is correct. Are there any grounds to fight it like frequency of calibration of the camera? There is no gard to speak to.Willing to pay the fine but do not want the penalty points. the increase in fine is an oppressive disincentive to fight anything. Thank you. Chris

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Clear cut case. You have no grounds for appeal here. It's an automatic 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

None whatsoever.

These cameras are very accurate.

Used by police worldwide.

Zero chance of getting it turned over unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Is that camera there all the time? Never knew there was one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The fine you got says the 9kph over is 3 points, why are you asking people what the penalty is?

There's no requirement in our Statute for the speed detection device to be calibrated or even working correctly.

Pay the fine and use Cruise Control when driving on motorways

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

He is getting the 3 points for 10 km/h over the limit, not 9 km/h. He is asking what would be the situation IF it was 9 instead of 10.

• Advertisement

More likely your speedometer wasn't calibrated properly. You can be sure it was showing over 130kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I don't see how this is a consumer issue? Legal discussion maybe?

On Garda Twitter over the years I'm sure I've seen people getting tickets for doing 126kmph so not sure what the reference to 129kmph means.

Over the limit is over the limit. There's no grace amount before points are applied, if a fine is issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,009 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is not a consumer issue but a legal discussion issue. However, I'm fairly sure there's no point opening a thread there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement