Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warmer homes scheme - quality of finish

• 13-02-2022 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I'm a newbie. We are just about finished with the interior and exterior insulation installation on our warmer homes scheme work. We have a slanting window cill and the side insulation goes against a nearly 30 years rotting sidegate frame with no insulation between the wood and pebble dash. In the next few years this will need to be taken out and replaced and in doing so will cause some new render to come away. I am not being listened to by the insulation company and yesterday I noticed the replaced gutter downpipes crooked, short and in different gaps between downpipes and wall. I'm in a detached house with both back roofs draining down on my tiled kitchen extension. My front roof is draining down onto my porch tile roof. I have 2 spare drains which could have been used if consulted. Back garden light not put back up nor dummy alarm box.

Twice suggested to me to throw a few Bob to the guys to sort the side gate and to paint some of the colour on the front concrete that had holes drilled for pumping. SEAI at the start said to pay no money to anyone as it's all covered.

I am feeling "Shat upon!" and refused access to do a BER test until the reinstatement is done properly.

What are my chances of not being screwed over just to claw back some savings on an old tender process that bears no relation to current prices.

Not mentioning the lead insulation company yet.

On a three bed detached house with side and back getting insulation board and render and a front getting pumped with one bedroom requiring some interior insulation. It wouldn't cost them more than 100e to finish the job properly.

And the government talk about recruiting more, it can only get worse with a short training course.

Any thoughts anyone.

joe@rte.ie would love this. There's several days shows in this, and it's topical.

Tagged:

Advertisement