Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coast, Baldoyle, Dublin 13

Options
  • 13-02-2022 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Currently looking for a property around Clongriffin DART station, The Coast seems the perfect place regards my budget. we went to see some properties yesterday and drove around in the community, We were surprised that there are no grocery stores in this massive community, not even convenience stores like SPAR or Centra, no restaurants, pharmacy and gym, we only found a coffee shop, two creches. also searched on Google Maps, one Lidl and one Mace on the Industrial Estate side, need to cross the main road.

I was wondering if the shops are not allowed in this community? It is not a newly developed area, how do residents easily get the resources, very confused, hope someone living here to share some true experiences, thanks a million!👍️

Tagged:

Comments

I don't live in the Coast myself but I used to live in Baldoyle. The Coast is a residential development inside the Baldoyle community. Baldoyle has loads of amenities which would be accessible to you from The Coast. I think you're limiting yourself a bit by only thinking within the confines of the Coast estate as your potential community.

There are shops just across the Dart tracks, pretty sure that includes a pharmacy and gym, and the Lidl on the main road is very close. There are pedestrian lights so the road doesn't pose any kind of obstacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think originally a supermarket was planned, I might be getting abit confused within developments, but I do think it was supposed to be close to clongriffein dart station.

Baldoyle has lidl and there's another lidl as you enter portmarnock.

There's a dunnes in donaghmede shopping centre along with other different shops.

There's a swimming pool in trinity sports and leisure and I think there's a gym of sorts in baldoyle industrial estate. There's also a badminton club.

Baldoyle community centre runs different classes etc.

There's Aldi in bayside and a new gym is due to open up there too.

There's a big Tesco up in clarehall too.

There is certainly plenty going on fairly locally just maybe not immediately as you open your front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

Hi, thanks for sharing your point of view.

Yes, I was limiting myself there due to my budget and the properties condition and BER rating. My personal concern is I may not able to get the necessary groceries conveniently like I'm cooking but found the eggs or milk run out, I have to get these as soon as possible, so a convenience store within 5 mins walk will be important. I do not have to drive at least 30 mins for a round trip. Maybe just I'm too lazy to plan the food for the week, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ocer

Hi, thanks for your shopping suggestions! Very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's a nice development, seems very quiet. Very very strange that there's not more shops, cafe's restaurants, bars and other facilities. I see now the first buyers are beginning to sell up and move on, a good few for sale now. It's a fairly attractive location when you look at it on google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Woah

Its a nice quiet area, the nearest conveince shop would probably be across in Clongriffin which is accessed via the Dart station. Its not too far but its also a bit of a walk. worth noting that the place clearly dosnt have enough designated parking for the amount of people living there. Always see cars parked along the road and causing cars using the road to have to swerve into the other lane. Its set to get much worse when they eventually start building all the build to rent apartments they got planning permission for so Id imagine thats why there is a good few houses for sale in there.

Advertisement