Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eunice - Friday 18th February - Wind & Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

woke up dead calm...thought I slept through it.... had a cuppa and filled a flask....now wind loudly howlin' here...lights flickering...think I will fill the hot bottle and go back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Getting very wild in Tralee now. Woke up at 5.40 to absolute calm and at around 6 it started to blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pressure dropping 2mb in 30 mins here in Arklow

Gusting just 46kmh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Very calm here 7 miles west of Tipperary town, not a puff of wind yet. Bit windy at midnight last night but nothing now not even heavy rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Quite strong winds in West clare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

So far, it seems to be a suďden transition rather than a slow build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Power flicked off and on twice but back again thankfully. Very stormy now in Central Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

Been up for two hours in Greystones and nothing but calm. Halfway through the orange warning period in Wicklow but looks like we are going to be pretty unscathed.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

We got more wind from Dudley than we had from Eunice in Athlone Area, on that it was such a quite night will we get hit later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

So what I can gather Eunice is on her way but a couple of hours behind met eireann weather warning schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Rain has stopped in Waterford, a mild 7c.

Wind picking up, recent gust of 106km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

Very calm east cork. Eerie quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

North Kerry ramping up wind now

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Rain has just started in North Cork.

It was a very very calm night, not a sausage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just woke here in Cork city. Absolutely calm here. Must be in the eye. My weather station has me at 967mb. Don't think it's been too bad so far but I know the worst winds were always to be as the low pulls away soon..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yes, does seem to be delayed/timings off a couple of hours. Should start to ramp up very soon/now in Kerry and move across the south of the country from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Very calm in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Gone from dead calm to quiet windy in minutes, county Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cork is indeed in the eye, as can be seen from this photo that YanSno posted in the technical thread! Mad now calm it eerie it is in the eye!

You can see those tight isobars off the west hitting Kerry now, but you can also add the tight isobars at the bottom that we dodged, luckily

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fastnet 65kts gusting 72kts. Eunice is out there!

Timings are off or we dodge a bullet in wicklow

We'll know by 10am

I have some doubts as Londons red warning starts at 10am which is 500kms plus away at tge same time

That doesn't make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Gusts of 72kts off the Fastest Lighthouse just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Lights flickering here in Achill. Wind has been howling for several hours now.

Had some hail earlier and heavy rain but no snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Big big pickup in wind just now. 10 mins from Clonakilty right on the coast.

It was very calm for the last 30 mins.

Wow, gone mad now

Rain just started. Light enough. East cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Great reports folks,much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"Wrap around" front turning to snow as it crosses the country. Heavy sleet/snow showers following behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A really simple one for everyone, go to met.ie, beside the radar click on Wind, press play under the lovely picture of Ireland, this will give you some idea of the movement of Eunice across the country and the change in windspeeds, direction. There are gaps as it is an hourly frame rate but it gives you something to work off.

• Advertisement

Few confused birds chirping.

Advertisement