Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Eunice - Friday 18th February - Wind & Snow Potential

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cold, light sleet, periods of gusts. Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is it just wind in Cork city? Any snow or sleet? I’ve to drive there later, now that the red alert has passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Love the number of posters with the location of “here”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,378 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

South Kilkenny -

Very mild, no rain , not a puff of wind.

Overnight was a bit windy, with a lot of rain.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 15,528 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Total confusion in my local spar this morning.

almost a total non event here last night and staff and customers unclear if the storm has passed, still to come or what.

edit - based north Kildare for ppl asking for location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mayo. I have to admit the Orange Warning for snow was unwarranted for the majority so far. Even places that did get snow it's noting out of the ordinary for these locations. Except maybe for Mountainy Man who has gone quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rustyman101

Very calm in Waterford city now, off for the blaas !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Lost power in North Cork last 30 mins. The worst of the storm has only hit since 7.30. I think the warnings need to be updated fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Approx. 2 hours in still bad gusts but not as bad as those initial ones that had the chimney howling..esb still flickering ocassionaly, only out for a couple of minutes.. sitting in bed with a cuppa watching the trees dance. The furry friends have slept through it all..always a good sign. Envious of those of you who have snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Please put locations in so people can give an informed ans......the storm is delayed and the wraparound north west winds are only beginning in cork and Kerry now so it's unlikely the worst is over in cork Kerry and Waterford just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Can everyone keep an eye out for snowfall in their locale? Snow level is dropping and precipitation and showers making progress from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Just read the Red warning extended to 11 for Kerry but don’t see it up on Met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The hell with this, I’m driving to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes. It does my head in when people don't put in their location .

Oh wait...😊

Getting fairly gusty now . The wet snow has turned back to sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭pmpa

Just rain by the sea in East Cork, but the gusts are so strong. I'd say we will loose power soon as lights are flickering nonstop. A lot of people are definitely going to get caught out thinking it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

Overhyped and overplayed , businesses Huge costs in red areas, I like a good storm but this one is a non event.

i suppose bit like medicine it’s not an exact science.

North Sligo cold rain

snow that fell has pretty much all washed away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Total destruction in Carlow town 😟😟

Edit: sorry, just realised this is how it normally looks 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Kildare on an Ornage warning. What a complete and utter joke we have turned into. GAA matches for kids called off based on this nonsense. The boy who cried wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Gusty in South Sligo I wasn't really expecting too much wind yet - lashing rain too no signs of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Heavy snow near Roscrea - gone from flat calm to blustery.

Temp 1.7’C Dew 0 980 hpa

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Tramore just after high tide @ 6.30. About 30 minutes after the waves peaked with the surge. Wind was not that bad at the time and was dropping off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Are the people commenting a joke reading the thread? Or looking online? There's strong gusts, trees down, power out, snow up the country. The entire world doesn't revolve around your section. It's been well pointed out that the east Is getting stronger winds later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Every time we get get a bad storm we get messages like this on boards. “It is not bad where I am, therefore the same must be true for everywhere else in the country”. Here on the south coast, this storm seems to be as bad as Ophelia was, at least at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Croohur1

I'm in South Wicklow. Windy and wet overnight and then it has been dead calm since

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Worst wind in Carlow not due until around 11. The eye is literally over the country now and strong winds will start hitting the south very soon and move across the country. A lot don't seem to be looking at the radar to see what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Open the schools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Strong gusts and snowing here about 3km from Knock Airport near Kilmovee.

Advertisement