Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked Screen fix

Options
  • 14-02-2022 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice as I am a complete idiot when it comes to computers/electronics.

My son got a lenovo curved screen monitor just 7 weeks ago for Christmas. A bit like this one:

The screen cracked at the weekend due to an accident.

Can it be fixed and is it expensive to do so? Any idea where I might go to get it fixed (I'm in Co Louth but would go to Dublin if required)?

Any help appreciated as the moody teenager has just got moodier!!

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

it would be cheaper just to buy A 2nd hand 25 inch, or 27 screen, monitor, on adverts ie,someone might buy it from you if the crack is just along the

top,bottom, or side,right ,left, eg by adjusting screen resolution , display settings, eg to 1024,x1000, you could decrease the screen vga output to leave side,top,or botttom, blank, black space so the cracks would be invisible to your son for gaming use .eg make vga output, reduce to 25 or 24 inch,

second hand monitors are cheap, even old lcd tvs with hdmi,or vga in can be used as pc monitors, see manual, menu, pc in,settings.

https://www.adverts.ie/results/27%22+monitor 60 to 90 euro, 27inch monitors pc , plug in laptop, or ask to see monitor working .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

EDIT-

Not sure where they are based, but I think this is the crowd I was referring to (neighbour used them).

They collect from drop off locations.

They will email you or text an estimate

Post edited by Suckit on

i think a curved screen would be even more expensive to fix than a standard pc lcd screen.

Id ask for an estimate if you want to get the new monitor fixed.Maybe borrow a 20 inch monitor from someone in trhe meantime, or plug the pc into a tv .via hdmi,or vga interface

Post edited by riclad on

Advertisement