Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping Rates

Options
  • 14-02-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have recently set up a small start up company and the shipping rates within ROI are insane. It costs around 15 euro for fully tracked shipping to the uk and 9 or 10 with the post office for flat rate, (no tracking number included) to Ireland.

I’ve just began shipping worldwide yet somehow end up paying more to ship to the next county.

Does anyone know of a cheapish shipping service worldwide or within ROI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I don't want to rain on a new business, but if you cannot do some research into what is the single biggest cost of an online business you are doomed to failure.

Even a most basic Google search will give you details of anpost advantage card https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Stamps-labels/Advantage-Card

And just like any business, the bigger your volume, the cheaper your rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭livingdgx

Of course I have researched and I’ve found cheap rates worldwide, just not within Ireland as I have stated.

The advantage card is finished on the 28th of February. Had you had read the description on the an post website you’d realise that.

So this comment is not really helpful is it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The advantage card discount gets renewed constantly. It's been at that rate for over two years and has been "ending XX of XX" constantly.

If you have any half decent volume you will get excellent rates from all services.

Works like any business.

If I want 1,000 chocolate bars I will get a far better price than someone looking for 50.

Again, if you are truly online delivery is your single biggest cost. When I started online I checked and met with every delivery service.

I've used fastway, GLS, dpd and an post. I've had "drop to facility" and "collect" rates. I've gone from €6.00 (fastway 2011) down to the current €3.70 rate for up to 15kg box because volume grew.

Initially you probably need to subsidise delivery until your volume and rate drops.

For small volume try fastway and GLS for best rates, but if you are not vat registered yet, the advantage card discount will be best - and it will be extended just as it was extended constantly since it was introduced.

Advertisement