Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESRI OSI Maps

Options
  • 14-02-2022 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to help me. I want to embed the Irish language map that the ESRI have. I have tried asking the ESRI but get no real answers. All I'm looking for is a simple embed code with a pin and popup template.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link - https://peig.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand, you might go down the Open Source route. QGIS is a good alternative to ESRI products and there are large number of geographical information files ( Shp (Shape) ones which nspite of being developed by ESRI are open-source). So opening an Irish shapefile as well as the location data for the Irish language information is doable. The book "QGIS Quick start guide" by Cutts is a good starting point.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did you get on to the ESRI or esri? They are two different entities.

ESRI: The Economic and Social Research Institute - Informed Policy for a Better Ireland (esri.ie)

esri (mapping/ArcGIS software): Esri Ireland Local Website (esri-ireland.ie)

Advertisement