Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gofree.indigo.ie

Options
  • 14-02-2022 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello Boards,

I have an old email address which ends in gofree.indigo.ie. It seems to be a microsoft outlook /old eircom email. I can send and receive emails on my pc. I can send and receive emails on my phone provided I'm on the home wifi system . I can receive but not send indigo mail on my phone. I need to send emails from this address on my phone and I'd appreciate any help in that direction.

Thanks,

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

MS Outlook - program(app) that is running on your PC. Indigo for decades belong to Eir https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Internet

According this old thread.... https://www.boards.ie/discussion/124322/indigo-blocking-gofree-indigo-ie-email-to-ireland-only

So if your internet provider is Eir and mail works while at home, but your phone provider is not eir and it doesn't when not at home, last two posts by @Spear in that thread has good explanation.

Perhaps someone else will give you more, i only can suggest to consider move your account to more up-to-date and more secure mail service provider.

To answer your direct question(providing info in old thread is correct) - move your phone to Eir for mail to work from it.

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Only seeing this now, but as @smuggler.ie says, you need to be on the Eir network to send directly through the indigo.ie mail servers. To send on other networks, you'll need to send through their outgoing STMP server.

But you really should consider moving everything to a new mail provider. Eir's scummy policy of charging for mail accounts, and effectively extorting people who've come to depend on these for so many things, will eventually do the same to indigo accounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sorry to jump on this and not start my own post but I have had a gofree.indigo email address going back years , more than likely when indigo started up!

is everyone's gofree.indigo email address (those that still have one these days) working today (Thursday 18th May 2023) or has it finally gone now?

I have had emails in the past saying gofree.indigo was going to be retired but they have looked scammy and never ever have come from eir / eircom

EDIT: a few minutes after posting this, and its come to life again and getting my emails.

Advertisement