Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple DPS cards - combined limit?

Options
  • 15-02-2022 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just applied for 3 DPS cards, 1 for my wife, 1 for my son and 1 for myself.

If we want to buy medication for my wife, does it need to be bought against her own card always?

Or can my son or I buy it sometimes against our own cards?

Also, what about the 100 EUR monthly limit when using 3 different cards in the same pharmacy?

Will the pharmacy apply a 100 EUR limit for each card separately (so need to claim back anything over 100 EUR)?

...or will the pharmacy recognize that these 3 cards belong together and will stop charging for medicine on any of the 3 cards once the 100 EUR limit has been reached?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you apply as a family or apply as three forms? If you applied as three forms, that's going to get you three cards on three different profiles. If you applied as a family, you'll get three cards linked. Your son needs to be a dependent, not an adult living at home to go on your family.

Each use your own card, the pharmacy will have them linked on their system (the numbers are the same with a different letter suffix, from memory). Its unlikely you'll ever have to hand in the card after the first time.

Use the same pharmacy. There is no cross-pharmacy linkup yet or ever.

Everything should just work and cap out at the limit. The limit is going down to 80 in that mini-inflation-not-a-budget thing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

My understanding is the monthly limit is for family cards which are on the one overall account, so the DPS cards may have number 123456A 123456B 123456C etc. and once linked in that way it's one limit for the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why did you apply for separate cards? you could have applied for a family card and then it would be much more straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Thank you! Yes, I applied once and added a wife and a child. So it's going to be just one "core" number for all 3 cards. Great info!

It's clear now, thank you. I didn't know they'll all have the same "core" number on them, but it makes it very easy.

• Advertisement

It just asked me if I have a wife and if I have a child. Filled it out with facts and it'll result in having 3 cards AFAICT.

In any case, all is clear now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I just wanna echo the use the same pharmacy point so you can avoid keeping receipts and claiming after the fact

Advertisement