Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan - Longford Rail line.

Options
  • 15-02-2022 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I found this reference to a rail line being constructed between Cavan & Longford by William Dargan.

I looked on Wikipedia's 'history of rail transport in Ireland' page and on the Map of Irish rail network between 1925 and 1930 and sure enough it shows a rail line between Cavan & Longford.

I haven't been able to find any other references to this rail line.

Anyone able to explain what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,654 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It was Inny Junction to Cavan. The Longford name is not beside the dot at the start of that line, "Inny Jn" is.

The newspaper article is likely slightly mistaken - Inny Junction is in Westmeath but is close to the county boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess after reading the newspaper clipping, I looked at the map and seen what I wanted to see.

Cheers.

Advertisement