Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Percentage of portfolio in crypto?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

An absolute bundle of joy Dohnjoe, why not just refrain from investing in crypto at all? Is it because the majority of markets are basically based on psychology given that investors attempt to get in early when the price is low?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The market so far does follow the Bitcoin halving cycle. There are ups and down but there is a cycle. It’s a high risk market and anything you put in you should not be looking to pull out for up to three years at best. There are projects going nowhere and projects with promise. The market is too sentiment based though. There are plenty in the top twenty that should not be there and plenty that are undervalued.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,033 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Straight after the 2012 halving, there was a bull. After the 2016 halving, nothing happened for the rest of the year. People "find" patterns in crypto. New supply constricts, which should have an instant effect if the market were rational, but it isn't, so it doesn't.

Back in 2018 and 2019 I predicted a bull in 2021 based purely on the fact there was one in 2013 and one in 2017. That's how utterly absurd this market is. And long may it be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gayle Barton

A portfolio in crypto is a collection of digital assets, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other altcoins, held by an investor. Generally, the percentage of a portfolio in crypto will depend on an individual’s risk tolerance, investment goals, and the amount of capital to invest.

A Blue Chip NFT is a non-fungible token that is backed by a large, established company, such as Microsoft, Apple, or Amazon. These tokens are typically considered to be low risk investments, as they are backed by companies with a long history of success. The percentage of a portfolio in Blue Chip NFTs will depend on an investor’s risk tolerance and investment goals.

The crypto market is not like other markets.

Dogecoin is not like other financial assets.

We're just buying artificially scarce "things" (that really do nothing) in the hopes that some schmuck in the future pays us much more than we did. Some of us are just honest about this scheme.

If people want to invest in it, cool. With a bit of patience and discipline you can take decent amounts of other people's money for something that didn't actually evolve or do anything meaningful. Maybe 5% or 10% of an investment (money that you can afford to lose). And don't spread too thin, whenever I bought another alt I would buy the same amount of BTC or Eth each time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gayle Barton

A portfolio in crypto is a collection of digital assets, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other altcoins, held by an investor. Generally, the percentage of a portfolio in crypto will depend on an individual’s risk tolerance, investment goals, and the amount of capital to invest.

A Blue Chip NFT is a non-fungible token that is backed by a large, established company, such as Microsoft, Apple, or Amazon. These tokens are typically considered to be low risk investments, as they are backed by companies with a long history of success. The percentage of a portfolio in Blue Chip NFTs will depend on an investor’s risk tolerance and investment goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Wow, the amount of bot accounts in here is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭polysteamtoken

It was about 50/50 now I bit more towards crypto. I just prefer crypto & find it easier and faster to use. Also accepting Crypto payments helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

A bet of $1 million that USD will hyperinflate in 90 days.

Is now doing it twice for $1 million each time. Click the tweet for expanded chat , interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Bitcoin may enter hypeincrease in the next 90 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,804 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I have 0% of my portfolio in Crypto.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Not great numbers there patsy at all, ye need to start bumping it up

0%.

I am shorting Coinbase though.

You do realise this is akin to shorting Amazon or Microsoft many years ago?

It really really isn’t.

It’s down almost 75% since it listed, and I see unlimited opportunities on the downside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AndreyMal

Just wanna add a bit about Blue Chip NFTs. They indeed carry a badge of reliability to some extent, being tied to well-established entities. For investors looking to dip their toes into this space, such assets could serve as a more familiar entry point into the world of digital collectibles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Balderdash! You don't invest in currencies, you speculate in them and there is no such thing as a Blue Chip currency. Nobody holds dollars, rubles, Euros etc... as an investment, so why would you think you can actually invest in a cryptocurrency? When you buy a cryptocurrency, you are a speculator in a highly automated, unregulated market were value is entirely dependent on public perception. The best way to loose money when you speculate is to stop operating with a cold, calculating mind and start believing the fairly tales and the other nonsense being peddled by the promotors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,081 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

My speculation on BTC has gone rather well. It was a 1.17 % investmant relative to my portfolio value, but it now comprises 27% of the total.

All investments are basically speculation and are entirely reliant on perception for their value. I have had equities where the public value was 47% less than the rated fair market value. It's typical of equities to have traded values 30-30+ times P/E or Price/Book value, hence the fuel for the massive share crashes that happen with some regularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

"Chainlink’s Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP) is the industry standard for securely integrating existing systems across any blockchain."
    - DTCC

https://www.dtcc.com/-/media/Files/Downloads/DTCC-Connection/Smart_NAV-Report.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AntonietteK

When it comes to investing, put in the amount you can afford to lose. Cryptocurrencies are volatile and are subjected to price changes. You can also leverage Crypto giveaways to boost your portfolio. I recommend checking out Bitget for events such as Poolx that are beginner-friendly. There is one where you can get a share of 25,983 ZRO. This is valid until 1st July, so check it out when there is still time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AndreyMal

Just wanna add a bit about Blue Chip NFTs. They indeed carry a badge
    of reliability to some extent, being tied to well-established entities.
    For investors looking to dip their toes into this space, such assets
    could serve as a more familiar entry point into the world of digital
    collectibles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Calling it a collectable when what you own is a receipt to a link on a network which may be go away is stretching things a tad… And that's before we talk about the fact that 99%+ of the images are AI generated in one way or another and have ZERO copyright possibility due to this (only images done by humans can be copyrighted).

I think that’s a bot Nody

Advertisement