Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considering having metacarpal broken and re-set

• 15-02-2022 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

It was basically brawler's fracture at the time, on the metacarpal behind the ring finger. It would have only been given basic treatment at the time. It's functional but funnily I can't crack that knuckle anymore. Sometimes when I play the piano I find it can lack a bit of strength. There's also a slight lump. The actual injury happened 14 years ago, and I'm 32 now, but I'm just wondering if anybody knows anything about this sort? or has has had experiences.

I presume I'd have a slight scar if a plate needed to go in few a few weeks. I don't like the idea of a plate staying in forever more though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

I would imagine that an orthopaedic surgeon wouldn't go near this unless you have a functional impairment.

Are you limited in being able to carry out any activities - aside from what you mentioned above?

Apologies if I'm over-simplifying, it doesn't sound like it's holding you back too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 In Actuality

Around the time it was broken one of the doctors told me that I could have it broken and re-set. He made out that it would be pretty straightforward. He said "you could do this when you're 40". I would have thought that if worse came to the worst that it would just be a matter of money!

Advertisement