Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Mc Brearty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I have no idea of the what hes said to the staff but this story seems fairly mad. He seems to have pissed the rest of the councillors rightly off too.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/donegal-council-secures-court-order-restraining-elected-member-from-attending-meetings-1260028.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Probably asked questions that no one else would ask. They are a law onto themselves as you see how the findings of the planning scandal investigation is not being made public. Who do they answer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thankfully he heeded the court order and stayed away from yesterday's meeting.

He heeded the court order but are we entering a dangerous precedent of being able to stop people asking questions by a court judgement. I take it this is all about his statement about corruption in the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

I suppose there are certain procedures and rules to be followed in council meetings - as there are in any orgainised meetings - Dail, GAA, Boards meetings etc would all have certain procedures that have to be followed to stop anarchy/freeforalls at all meetings - If you don't follow the rules you get put out.

I'd be more concerned about a union telling its members not to co-operate with someone who has been elected to represent the people - (why I don't know, it may have been that some didn't like what he said about them?) but it's a short step to not co-operating with a rep because the union members may not like the views they express on other matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

I think his campaign on the 5 mica houses the council bought has gotten some attention in a 'national' paper Local authority bought five houses it knew had mica (irishexaminer.com)

The most telling sentence in the article is that "Donegal county council has not replied to numerous requests for comments " .

Why are they refusing to make public the findings of the planning scandal findings.

Only justifies mc breartys accusations in my eyes.

I just caught a slight bit of highland today mentioning that Donegal County Council are going to look into corruption in the council regarding the purchase of the mica houses they purchased. Surely the council cannot be responsible of looking into corruption themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Was that corruption or just straight out total incompetence?

That's what we want to know. Still doesn't excuse the fact that the enquiry into the planning scandal is being withheld.

Perhaps mc brearty is asking questions no one wants to answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Ironfeather

It could be either, maybe a friend of a friend had a mica property they needed to

convert into cash, or maybe five he or she needed to shift on.

There really is no excuse for a department who are in the position to grant

or deny others planning permission buying defective houses, but I would imagine

those involved will be put out to pasture on a nice pension when the time comes.

Like the donkeys charged with pricing the national children's hospital did not know

they were also supposed to get prices for beds computers office supplies and all

else that goes into a hospital, they are all still working away, laughing their heads off

at what they got away with.

Advertisement