Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed to shop, what would you do.

Options
  • 16-02-2022 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

So im currently using my shed as a store/warehouse and want to build a proper shop (ish) as I need to basically treble the size of what I currently have.

Im wondering whats peoples opinions on the best way forward.

I have been quoted 33k for a 10x30m shed, however I asked for the 40mm insulation and they quoted the pvc panels instead so im expecting the cost to rise when I do get the proper quote.

Im wondering peoples opinions on whether or not building with blocks is a better option.

Place needs to be warm, it will be about 6m high.

The foundations are there, it would need 4 walls and a roof. Both options would require a new floor, insulated and would be studded out and insulated behind also for product display. Am I better going with a bought steel structure or building with blocks regards price. and the subsequent heating bill from both options.

Advertisement