Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Transfers

Options
  • 16-02-2022 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I actually did not think it was possible for any banking institution to be more incompetent than the Spanish banks. And yet in just a few short weeks you have proven to me that you are equally if not more so utterly pigging useless. Only one staff member has shown any desire to do their job to the best of their ability, and beyond.

I can see why you're desperate to open accounts for people who aren't in the country, as those that already are must be leaving BOI in droves.

Two phone calls, 40 minutes on hold, departments that can't see the corners of scanned documents, then change their story to text too blurry, then 'we don't have any of your scans at all' and now finally, holding on to my test transfer, just because you don't like my broker!!! It is just going from bad to worse. Why on earth would I now trust BOI with a house sale transfer, when you seem incapable of processing €1.

Your incompetence and specific desire to make it difficult for customers to contact you has just lost you 3 generations of family that would have banked with you. We will wait until we arrive and open an account with a big bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. We can certainly contact our Coming to Ireland team for you if you would like to send us a private message. One of my colleagues can help with this and discuss your application further for you.

We value your feedback and I will be sure to share this with the relevant team.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JJJ2022

Oh dear, I rest my case! The account is already open, you're just messing about trying to be a big bank by delaying my transfer. And you should have THIS type of service on your own website, or within the app. Not a general living forum!! Seriously, is BOI Fisher Price in disguise?

You also want to charge me one of the highest monthly banking fees of any bank, for the privilege of dealing with BOI's incompetence. You actually cannot make this nonsense up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am sorry to hear you're unhappy with the service. I can get in touch with our customer service team for you if you send us your contact details through private message. My colleagues can look into this further.

To submit a formal complaint, please see this link.

Thanks, Megan

I honestly cannot afford to waste any more of my valuable time with your circus. I'd rather cut my losses now and move forward.

• Advertisement
Advertisement