Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get good baby back ribs in South Dublin

Options
  • 16-02-2022 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm starting to get into slow cooking ribs in my Kamado, but looking for good ribs. I got them in the past from FXBuckley but they are not that meaty, any suggestions?

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

To be honest, most baby backs you get in Ireland are not that meaty. It varies a bit from rack to rack but I've never found a particular butcher that consistently has meatier ribs.

Do not be fooled by the ones you see the Americans cooking on youtube, over there the pigs are juiced to make them grow larger.

One thing I started to do is instead of cutting the ribs in between each bone in the middle, I cut up against the bone, which means each individual rib has hardly any meat on one side but a good bit on the other side. It makes it feel a bit more substantial. Could just be me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

The Brown Pig in Terenure. Message them and tell them what you’re after.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭amargar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

They do but if you message them to specify that you want really meaty ones they can make sure you get exactly what you want.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Never seen that site before, thanks @Toulouse

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Colm Leavy, Lambs Cross.

Spare ribs, the lot. To order.

Advertisement