Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOOD VACUUM SEALER - Lidl 21st Feb.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

I bought one last time they where in, it works, it's interesting, but it never gets used.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rescueme0007

I'll be buying one this time around, do my level best to see that it's used often!🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Exactly why I’m it getting one, have a few items I have bought to do with food and after one use they sit in the press…sausage maker for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

How would these benefit game meat? Genuine question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I'm on my third one. Bought the first about eight years ago and a newer model about three years ago because it had a soft vacuum action. The first which I gave to my son was faultless is still working perfectly. The second cuts out after about ten minutes of use and has to be unplugged to cool down. The soft vacuum feature is useless.

Figuring that it might pop it's clogs soon I bought the latest one so we won't be stuck. We use it all the time. I get a full pork lion and make my own rashers which I slice and freeze in sixes, we buy full striplions which we also cut up and freeze in one and a half steak portions as herself wouldn't eat a full one. We vacuum and freeze other leftover food also.

Wouldn't be without it as any other method of freezing food often looses it's seal leading to freezer burn and waste.

Make sure to but lots of the plastic rolls as they are pretty expensive to buy from regular suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

If you cut the meat up into portion sizes it will work very well. Smaller portion sizes freeze quickly and the vacuum seal on the heavy bags doesn't fail. Since you have absolutely no air in the package you don't get freezer burn and spoiled meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 RaySla

Has anyone sourced new rolls of bags they haven't been in lidl in a long tíme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My one is, still getting used, so they are good. I got new rolls of bags off amazon.

Advertisement