Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matchmakers Ireland

Options
  • 16-02-2022 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am thinking of using a Matchmaker service, I would like to meet a lady without all the tinder

crap, thing is the cost is €750 or so and you are only guaranteed 4 dates in 2 years! has anyone any

experience of using such a service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Why on earth would you want to use such an old fashioned service? Join Meetup.com - Meetup - We are what we do

It's not a dating site as such but there are loads of social groups including ones for singles where you'll meet loads of single ladies of all ages in one night. I've been involved in it for years and would recommend it to anyone. There are specific groups for specific age ranges as well - over 40,s over 50's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Hey there, yes I have heard of it , I will sign up for a few events .

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

my friend signed up paid his money the woman matchmaker had an affair with him and then dumped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mary 2021

750 is a lot of money you could spend that on a good hol.iday and maybe meet someone naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭SunnySundays

I am a lady. I will go on a date with you for €750! Or I'll find 3 friends to go the same and you can have 4 dates for €750.

Joking aside, it's a lot of money with no guaranteed results. I would only consider it if I had exhausted everything else:-

Ask friends or family to set you up on dates

Joined groups and extend your hobbies

Try a number of different of dating sites first

Have you joined the Online Dating group on her, people recommend best sites depending on what you are looking for etc.

Are you looking for someone unusual? What makes you think you couldn't meet them in real life? What is the major objection to tinder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

Hello

I signed up for this company and paid the deposit. You get a phonecall from the guy that owns the business and he tells you how he only selects people that are ready, how you need to be open to a certain distance from your base etc. Basically he sells a sales pitch and you don't get to talk much, then you're told you fit the bill and a meeting will be set up in Dublin.

Honestly from my interaction and online articles I wouldn't waste 750e on this company, its a case of whoever is on their books doesn't matter what your preference is so you'd be as lucky with the free sites!

Best of luck maybe spend the money on a relationship coach or workshops to see what is and isnt working and go from there.....

Good points thanks, It is way too expensive and it's exploiting people really. Just heard her on the radio and was wondering had anyone done it...

I will get involved with meetup more and try meet more people that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I've worked for an agency so I will give you my insights.

It depends on the person really. It works well for some - not so well for others. It can work because out of the 4 dates you are set up with, you might click with one of them - and that does happen - people have met their husband/wife through the service.

Another plus it's that the people who commit the money are genuinely out to meet someone and they are vetted (to an extent) - so there are no time wasters.

The problem can be that on paper you match but the date isn't your type and that you are not physically attracted to them. If you're super picky ("I want a 5ft 7 slim brunette who looks like X and is......") you may be disappointed.

The agencies are looking for men as they're generally less willing or bothered to sign up. So you could negotiate to increase the number of dates or try to get a reduction. They need men to go on dates so chance your arm.

If you are an outgoing relatively attractive male then go join clubs, widen your social circle, make more friends and take the plunge and ask someone out. Go out mid-week instead of weekends to venues where you think you would meet someone like you. So if you're in Dublin and you want to meet a professional, call in to the pubs where they hang out. Mid-week is better as it's quieter and not hectic and you have a chance to chat to people. Have a good wingman! It helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Personally, I think you should go for it. (I do think it's overpriced though). Sometimes going to all the right places and doing all the right things just doesn't work for some people. It would be an adventure! Best of luck to you.

Ps there's a podcast called "would like to meet" by a matchmaker probably the place you were thinking of. Have a listen and see what you think. I haven't listened myself just flagging it's out there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That sounds like a different kind of service.

What you are looking for OP is your man Willie whatshisname down at Lisdoonvarna.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, think I had an off week, I would not pay that much for 4 dates, I have a date this week that cost 0!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

I wouldn't like to go on a date with someone, with that much money invested in it being a success. Talk about there being an elephant in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well done.

The whole match maker thing is a con. 750 euro is taking the mick. Like let's be honest, you'd write someone's details down on a piece of paper (word document if you want to be fancy lol) so you'd have Jane, 45 and likes long walks on the beach, Netflix and wants to meet a successful man 40 to 55. Then there's John 48, still living at home who'd date anyone aged 18 to 99 .... WE GOT A MATCH! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Boards should look at having a dating service that people can use. Trial it as a forum and let people post personals (aliteration unintended)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Women on dating apps only want Chad, the ones who would want me only would want me to help her raise her kids. I am not a cuckold.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Toby22

I was widowed when I was 47. After a couple of years I enquired with a dating agency. I live in Dublin, potential match with someone in Donegal and West Cork 🙈. Total opposite ends and neither could work as my youngest child was 8. Went out locally and met the nicest man.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Toby22

and baywatchHQ

I certainly did not want a Dad for my child

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

If you give off that vibe many will walk away!

Advertisement