Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to make a complaint as I am being abused on boards>

Options
  • 18-02-2022 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

PLEASE help wit this as I cannot find where ro ask for help

Weather forum; I cannot take this any more and it is upsetting so many good folk

I am nearly 80 and in increasingly poor health and have doneNOTHING to deserve this

THERE IS NO MODERATION ON THE WEATHER FORUM. The leaders are just not interested, free for all

SHAMEFUL and deeply distirbing and I can no longer use the forum ..

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Hi Graces7!

I found your post, because looking through the Weather forum, reading about the recent stormy weather, I was wondering how you were faring in your remote (isolated?) location. So I searched for you and found this post from you.

This post has disturbed me, because it shows that you've been upset by others. I've always thought your posts are good, when you bring us your insights based on your own local experience.

Please continue posting, there are some bad mannered posters there, but they are in a very tiny minority. Tonight I saw two posts that fell well below the standard I would expect in a science related forum. You probably fell foul of these two posters. You just go ahead and post away, I, for one, enjoy your posts, not least because that way we know you're ok on that windswept speck in the Atlantic.

Take care and keep the hatches battened down, apparently there's more to come (weather-wise , I mean 😊).

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Hi Graces7.

Just seconding the above.I don't frequent the weather forum,but love your posts about island life and the cats.Sorry if you're getting a hard time.Few rotten apples in every barrel and all that..x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Graces. I've reported your post so that the moderators will see it. I think it may have been missed.

Your best option is to report the offending posts Or contact @Beasty. He'll see this post now as he's been mentioned

Graces7 - hang on in there. Put people on ignore until it's sorted. There does seem to be a fair few trolls on that forum. Not one that I'd be used to, but I recognise the usual poster names. Sad, really.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've moved this from Feedback - complaints are dealt with in Help Desk

Graces7, I can see two recent reports from yourself, which I will take a look at. Are there more? Alternatively could you please report any posts that have caused issues as it's a very busy forum (particularly so in recent times) and it is not going to be feasible to look through everything

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hi Graces7. I will bring up your concerns with our 5 Weather mods. Thanks for mentioning this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement