Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Principal Officer competition 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Ahell

@DaDoRonRonRon that's good to know. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 softskills

Good luck to anyone interviewing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Witco

Just finished my interview (Board 3 according to Zoom). Very good questions, some challenging but nothing unfair. It's in the lap of the gods now! Best of luck to everyone and fingers crossed for a quick result.

@witco I was also up yesterday and I had board 2. They were really lovely and I also had a very fair line of questioning, challenging but nothing particularly unexpected. I had every chance to give a good account of myself.. Im not sure I did though 😂😂 I always feel like I have left loads out. Glad to have it behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BlitheSpirit

Have done my interview too. Board were very nice. Questions were fair but challenging. Some a little more based on my examples than I expected. Happy enough but it's a wait and see how it actually went.

• Advertisement

Well done to everyone who has completed their interview so far. Thanks for taking the time to check in.

I'm currently preparing but this is the first interview I've done of this type so a little unsure how to best approach it, beyond going word by word through the competencies and having examples for each KSA. Are they all STAR/competency type "describe a time when......"?

I also note the liberal use of 'challenging' in people reporting on the experience. Yikes - although of course that is to be expected at PO level.

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dryden2016

Had my interview for this yesterday. I'd echo other posters - challenging but more than fair. No real curveball questions. Best of luck to anyone still to interview this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mugser11

Hi I had my interview too. Fair board. I got mixed up myself so didn't do as well as I could have. I would say I'm out but couldn't fault the board or the experience. Best of luck to all interviewing this week.

I had mine today. It seems that everyone that passed stage 1 progressed through stage 2 to stage 3.

I agree with all the others that it was a well run and fair process. I was in for 52 minutes but there was quite a bit of time given over to explaining the process. Needed to be quite succinct to give decent examples for each competency . Very broad questions so thankfully I didn't have to do any thinking on my feet (not my strong point). I missed the bookend questions “tell us about yourself” and “any questions for us” but otherwise fairly logical.

I have no idea if I have made the cut. Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Mugser11

I know people were knocked out at stage 2 on their application form. Not sure if many were but some definitely were out at stage 2.

Hopefully we won't be waiting too long for results to be issued.

Great to see everyone finding the board are fair etc. I wonder does that mean we all did great or we all missed the mark 😂 Good luck to everyone. Hopefully interviews are finished Friday and results will arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 paydembills

Do we know if anyone is interviewing next week? Wondering when results are likely to be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dryden2016

Haven't heard of anyone scheduled beyond today, but not sure on that. From a look at thread for 2019 comp, PAS turned out results very quickly after interviews concluded, i.e. days rather than weeks. And that was with a presentation to factor into the marking. So could be results as early as next Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭myk

It might interest people on this thread that separate from this competition, the RTB are having open recruitment for two PO roles https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&cid=159825&campaignId=22239902&Itemid=263

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cytek64

Anybody know when the results are out? Hopefully tomorrow!!!

I'm afraid i don't know. Someone else mentioned today being a possibility previously which would be nice. I will admit to checking my email more regularly than usual :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭APparently

I am jumping at every email. I wish they would put us out of our misery.

I know...... Hopefully not too much longer. This wait definitely feels longer than the earlier stages, and that is despite me being one of the last interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cytek64

When was your interview? Mine was 1st June so it’s a long wait!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

How many years of experience do most of you have (regardless of whether your background is public or private sector). Just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 paydembills

Joined the CS in 2005! First time I’ve gone for PO.

Loads of experience, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boy Cappel

Does anyone know how many on the panel have been called for interview so far?

I have 15 years professional experience but not in the CS. This is my first time applying to CS and have found the process very interesting.

@Boy Cappel I've no idea, several weeks of about ~ 1 hour interviews so maybe 100ish (give or take)? This is just a guess through.

@softskills What characteristics prompted you to apply for a role in the CS? Better family life etc?

A couple of things; I have reached as far as I am going to go in current organistion, need a sideways move in order to move up; work-life balance; work that is congruent with my own values (really - not just interview answer!),....

Monday morning.... time to start jumping at every email :-) Have a great week everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭flended12

22 years in public sector. 3rd time going for this.

3rd time just missing out. Loads of variables but ultimately not nailing the final interview.

Time to dust off and go again.

Advertisement