Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuing a Dutch Bike to sell it

Options
  • 18-02-2022 10:07am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I got a Dutch bike back in 2018, its been used on and off but I'd say its not done more then 2k km at the max.

It's a Gazelle Orange C7+ size 57, selling because for where I live its not suitable for what I want it for so I'm looking to replace it with an electric cargobike. Thing is I'm not sure about what its worth, it it cost me €940 back in late-2018 (exact same model now costs 1k)

It comes equipped with 7-speed Shimano Nexus internal gears, front fork and seat post suspension, Roller brakes, Dynamo hub with integrated lighting (front light, back light is battery), enclosed chain case, coat guard and a sturdy rear carrier . (full specs https://www.gazellebikes.com/en-gb/orange-c7plus ). An ideal bike for somebody that wants to get places in normal clothes without getting destroyed and it has a comfortable upright riding position which I have always liked.

It's in near perfect condition, but t does have one bit of small damage to the back carrier where the corner hit a wall and it took the paint off but 3 years later there's no sign of any rust at all where this damage occured. I'm also including a bike cover (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MQMFBZA) and beck panniers which were never used. Other then that its a bullet proof bike which has a great paint job that will stand up to the weather if stored outside. (its dutch after all).

I'll have it serviced before I put it up for sale also, I figure perhaps €600-700, what are people's thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Fabulous bike I have a Gazelle but a lesser spec, I would love to buy this but I am broke :( I wouldn't go less than 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Very nice bike. Price is fair but you are in B2W territory and not something with huge demand I'd imagine. All you can do is list it and see I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Fine bike. Exactly what lots of people need but don't buy. Hard to compete with 50% off a new bike with BTW all the same.

Advertisement