Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GoMo using data only on MiFi / Mobile Router

• 18-02-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

If I use a GoMo sim for data only in a MiFi / Mobile router will there be any issues with Terms and Conditions?

ie. Will they disconnect as not used in a mobile phone?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Teacher2020

I've used GOMO sim in a router for the last year.

Only issue we've had is that they turn down the speed to 5mbps after you've gone over the 80GB download fair usage. Makes downloading things from Sky box quite slow but we just know to download well in advance. That speed is fine for Netflix, Prime etc. but may be an issue if you have gamers in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭jrmb

Yeah, same experience here. It's enough for one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sp9612

Hi all.

Using Gomo on my mobile the past 2 years.

This week I got a second sim and using it in my Huawei mobile router as well.

question for you all, is there any way I can speed up my data connection speeds with Gomo? On my mobile I don’t get more than 15/17 at the best of times.

it’s normally not more than 12, a typical number would be 9mbps.

on my mobile router / mifi device I only get 2-6mbps

any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

External antenna

My brother has similar setup, B818 4g router plus Iskra 2x mimo antenna, 9 Kms from the mast, can be up to 150 Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sp9612

I’ve googled that one and it appears to have dedicated antenna ports on it.

mine does not 😬 not sure if there’s such thing as an Ethernet port adapter for antennas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

what router you have? What phone?

There is no such thing Eth port adapter for antenna

Advertisement