Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cycle Music and Home Ec

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

Lca orals happen at that time too, I presume that’s why they picked that week. It isn’t a great time for it though, if exam classes are still in school. I wonder will principals allow them to finish a bit earlier this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Treppen

It's like the department are pushing the issue of "unavailability of examiners" by putting them on at a very busy school time.

Next thing will be to :

1. Forevermore run the JC also with the LC during the Easter 'holidays'.

2. Abolish practical and let teacher's certify students!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭noplacehere

I kind of agree. We can’t win with those dates, if we leave school to do them our parents of exam classes will be up in arms. If we don’t and they can’t be run it will also be our fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

100%, the timing of this is very suspect. That late why not just do it during the second week of exams, no child is in every day and teachers would actually be free because school would be over. Home Ec would still be an issue I'd imagine but they could throw money at the problem for one year if they wanted .......they just don't

But of course they struggle to hire superintendents either.

Got my letter for correcting last week too and seriously considering whether or not to do it!

Advertisement