Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant open specific Ports on VM 3 Hub

• 19-02-2022 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a Virgin Media Hub 3 and have successfully setup some port forwarding rules for various gear.

Recently I needed to open Port range from 55536 to 55899 for a NAS feature.

Regardless of what I do and which ports I port forward in the VM Hub, I cannot connect.

To double check if the ports are open, I also try the open port tool: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

That confirms the port is NOT open.

Any tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you on DS-lite or real IPv4 mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

IPv4 @Spear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Post a screenshot of the forwarding setup, so we can take a look. Don't forget to remove anything that may be personally identifying or sensitive.

FTP and SFTP working fine. It's just FTPS that is not getting through. Have tried enabling/disabling some of the more obscure checkboxes on the receiving NAS too.

First screen grab is Virgin Media Hub. Second one is the NAS handing the actual FTPS service.

If FTP and SFTP are getting through, then it doesn't seem to be a port forwarding issue at that point. FTPS should also work on 21, so it sounds like a client or server config issue.

• Advertisement

Thanks Spear. That's what I was leaning towards. That being said I'm not a big fan of the VM Hub control panel so I might put it into Modem mode and use a more configurable router I have.

But thanks for taking time time to read anyway. Good to have a second pair of eyes on it. 👍️

Advertisement