Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Holidays.ie

Options
  • 19-02-2022 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Has anyone booked with Loveholidays.ie before? They seem to be a good bit cheaper than most of the Irish travel agents. I'm a little concerned that they are an English company though, are there any hidden costs or what sort of customer service or guarantees do they have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Contemplated using them due to the cheaper prices but got cold feet due to mixed reviews & being UK based.

Found a lot of the pricing similar to TUI.

Found cheaper option with Budget Travel in the end for the same accommodation - c.€3500 vs c.€4200 (loveholidays & TUI)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

We used them in the summer of 2019, found it fine, but we were just doing a cheapo family all-inclusive in June. Their transfers can be very expensive so I'd double check those before booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ddub11

Just booked with love holiday and i have a question.

So after booking hotel and flights i got email regarding confirmation about flights,however the figures for the flights quoted in the confirmation are not the same as the figures mentioned when i booked the holiday (if that makes senses).

So for instance say the price for the flights when i booked the holiday were 700 euro but when i got the email confirmation from ryan air for out bound and inbound the prices are different from the combined prices showing on the love holiday site when i booked.

Anyone get any idea whats going on there?cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are a 3rd party booking flights from Ryanair so making a margin on top I'd think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

So would it be better to book your flights directly with Ryanair and only use Love for booking the lodgings?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes Ryanair may not refund bookings if made through a 3rd party so I'd always go direct when booking flights from them. Other airlines may have different policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Booked holiday to Albufeira through Love holidays. We arrived at our accommodation to be told that there was a problem between management and they were closed and not taking new people in!

Rang the Love Holidays number and within 45 minutes, had an email with new accommodation which was better and more central.

Top class service from them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubKildare

I've booked with Love Holidays a few times, was nervous about them at first but haven't had any problems.

You can pay a deposit to secure your booking and pay the rest monthly too which is great.

ive used them a lot , fierce handy as flights , transport and accommodation all booked in one click , they’ve never let me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Fanatic1

Would it be possible to get the email address for Love Holidays from you please as my daughter is in a lot of bother at the moment and I cannot get to speak to anyone about the problem. We have spent hours at it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I have used Love HOlidays on several occasions with great success. However today I was about to book a flight and I stalled at the stage of inputting my card details. i decided to try to book particular seats on the AL flight. After a couple of minutes I got a call from a UK number, claiming to be from Love HOlidays. She was a nice lady but it kind of freaked me out. She wanted to know if I was having difficulty with my booking. She explained how to book the particular seats and even offered me a discount. I said I was very conscous of fraud she assured me she would not take details over te phone and wold send a link for me to access.

I called the number she rang me from and it went on to the automated answering machine for Love Holidays.

I looks like their official site but am freaked by the call and very nervous to book now. Am I being over cautious

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

If you were logged into your loveholidays account, I'd imagine they have a cookie set up to tell them when a logged in member has begun but not completed a booking or transaction and they follow up on it. It's not ideal and a bit pushy in my opinion but if the number she called you from was genuine (as you have said it was) then I wouldn't worry about it from a fraud point of view. It's not a sales tactic that I would enjoy if I hadn't asked for their help and they called me out of the blue but it doesn't sound like a scam.

Incidentally, booked a last minute holiday to Portugal with them a few weeks ago and all went smoothly.

Advertisement