Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 1550 Ti vs GTX 1660?

Options
  • 20-02-2022 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I have a budget PC I built during pandemic. Sees mainly home use, light home school during lockdown, basic browsing and document work.

I upgraded my GoPro Hero3 to a Hero10 and wanted to try my hand at editing video and starting to learn basic 3d modelling.

Spec Currently;

AMD Ryzen 3 3200g APU

MSI B450M Mortar Max Mobo

8GB Hyper X Fury 3200Mhz RAM

Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB Boot Drive

ZTC 128GB NVMe M.2 (was original boot drive I used, now installed in 2nd M.2 slot)

Crucial BX500 500GB Sata SSD

Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD Storage

ATV 500W PSU

I have a 16GB (2x8GB) Hyper X Fury 3200 kit on the way already. Weighing up options, using various pc build websites, I'll get a better performance boost getting a GPU over upgrading to a Ryzen 5 APU.

So the 1050 Ti and 1660 are the same price now (within €4) can anyone vouch for one over the other? The 1050 ti I found is MSI branded, the 1660 is Palit.

Thanks for any input!

Answers

Advertisement