Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork airport

Options
  • 20-02-2022 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I'm staying in cork international airport hotel next week before flying out early in the morning. Can anyone recommend a taxi to book from train station to the hotel, it will be about 9pm at night? Also does anyone know if the hotel is super close to the airport like they say or would we need a taxi in the morning to the airport, it will be 4am or so, do any taxis even operate in cork at that odd time. Am not used to travelling and want to be organised.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Kent Station is connected to Cork Airport by bus - the 226, 226A (or X, I forget) and 225. They all run straight from the Kent to the airport by the city centre. I think they're all 30 minute frequency but it may be different at 9pm. The hotel is on the grounds of the airport so a taxi is not needed depending on your bags realistically. If anything, a taxi would take longer - looks like a 500m walk. The terminal and the airport are only seperated by a small surface level car park. The airport doesn't really take up much land, so it's very people friendly, like no other airport I've been to probably

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Oh, and enjoy Cork :) The airport and city centre are very close to one another and all parts of the city are very easy to get around from both. The 225 after the airport goes onto Carrigaline, a town near beaches (connected by the 220 bus), while the 226 goes onto Kinsale, a smaller port town but more famous for tourism. Kent is only train station in the city (somehow..), but it connects to Fota Island and Cobh just east of the city which are extremely nice to walk around. Cobh is quite historic as it was the last stop for the Titanic. Fota has a wildlife park which I much prefer to Dublin Zoo, and has nice gardens. You can also get the train from Kent to Midleton which has the Jameson (?) Brewery Experience. A lot to do without having to go to too far from your hotel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Cork airport posting on Instagram to highlight the lack of food options.

This link will show opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Walking from hotel to the airport is about 12min. It’s fine if the weather is ok and you don’t have much baggage.

You exit the hotel on the first floor at the rear, walk through the car park, down stairs, cross a road and then follow the footpath. Have done it many a time 👍

The airport hotel also runs a shuttle mini bus so check with them on times and see if that works for you.

Taxis will be fine. Car ride to city is usually 15min or so. Longer at peak times but looks like you’ll be avoiding that.

Enjoy the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

I see emerald airlines has started up over the weekend with their first flight which happens to be an internal Dublin to Donegal route. Does anyone know if they have plans for Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Is there any difference in time period or price between booking the airport car parking ticket online as opposed to just driving in and paying on arrival/departure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

It's about a tenner of a difference if you're parking for a week anyway

Advertisement