Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sextortion warning

• 20-02-2022 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As much a warning as a query. Stupidly replied to a WhatsApp number in an ad and shared a face pic, decided I wasn't going to go buying vids for big bucks once I copped onto myself. Then she turns (Irish number, left a voicenote so seems Irish girl) and looks for several thousand or else she'll put me on Facebook and online (saying she had done this before). Man it freaked me out. I don't have that sort of cash anyway but I blocked her. Then tried ringing me. What would you do in the circs? And ultimately, it's a lesson about trust and just copping on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Report to the Garda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sounds like you can't get into much bother if all you've done is share a face pic. In the age of Onlyfans who is going to get excited about a story of someone ultimately not paying money for pics?

But it's still worth reporting to the Gardai. There is the possibility they'll associate your number/name/face with complete lies, like harrassing underage girls, so better to get ahead of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

They won’t post your picture as a case study of what happens if you don’t pay up because that would ruin their scam. As others advised report to the gardai who will have heard these stories before.

• Administrators Posts: 14,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My friend's brother had his face added to a grainy photo of a man masturbating captioned something about doing this in front of children and sent to his contacts, family members, aunts, neighbours etc. because he didn't pay what "she" (2 fellas in Inchicore, apparently) demanded.

Go to the Guards.

Advertisement