Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sporting Rights for Sale

• 20-02-2022 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

What the SP on buying sporting rights these days.. I have a friend thinking of selling up 60Ha of farm land and I might see if I can buy the sporting rights off him as I'd hate to lose the freedom to wander around these few fields..

Its not that there is any game! If there is it's very little. Pigeons and and odd pheasant.. and some rabbits and foxes but the privilege to rome across the fields is priceless.. nearly as good as owning the place but not having to mind it..

I don't even know if such rights can be separated from the folio anymore or if the owner will sell it separately.

I don't think that having such sporting rights not attached to the folio will effect any privacy that he may get?

What you think!

What would you say such rights are worth per Ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭JP22

It’s an interesting question.

I believe that sporting rights can still be bought and sold today but only if the land owner has such rights in his/her name.

In was common in days of old when estates were broken up and sold, the owner sold the land but retained the sporting rights to the land.

I also fly fish, on some parts of the river I cannot access land, on other parts I can access land to cross/access other lands but I cannot fish them – “riparian water rights/access”.

No doubt other members here have the definite answer to your question.

Advertisement