Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spanish hollibobs

• 20-02-2022 10:32pm

Can't wait!! Cocktails in the afternoon, the pool, disco bars, speaking in cheesy broken Spanish, a holiday romance maybe...

And yes I will be clapping when the plane lands!!! 😊😊😊

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Grassy ass

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hollyboobs

Your wan off the telly

In all seriousness I love Spanish sun holidays. Some people find them tacky but they're just fun indulgence and sometimes you get to see a little bit of the culture. You get to know a few of the locals over the holiday too, see the same faces which I find lacking in city breaks and holidays like that.

I also love Spanish dancing. 😊

Is this the kind of Spanish dancing you speak of? 🤭

Yeah sure thats it. tough crowd eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ibiza with a touch of Coppers 'cos ye are all MMMMMAD feckers, g'wan da lads!

(Anywhere we can watch d'oul hurlin', wha?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• After the last two years I'd take a week or 2 by the pool in Santa Ponsabon some package deal. **** any notions, just get me out of here and away from this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

You're going at possibly the right time.Some areas of Spain were under semi lockdown until the 11th Feb That meant no alcohol served anywhere after midnight.As a result a lot nightclubs and pubs stayed closed.Don't expect to be mobbed by hordes of nymphos.The place is deserted.I mean Spain not just Paddistan.Lots of towel throwers around though.

Damn...being mobbed by hordes of nymphos was my main reason for going! LoL I'm 40 not 20 so it's not going to be like Ibiza uncovered lol

I'm not going for a couple of months yet but looking forward :)

Be nice to be somewhere where it's not all the doom and gloom of the last two years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Only watched about twenty seconds but that song and video seem to have little or nothing to do with Spain.

• Advertisement

It does personally.They played it often in the bars when I went on my first holiday. There's a dance to follow in it that we all use to do. I forgot all about it until I came across it the other day and was nostalgic when I heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There was a dance with it? Did they include a booklet outlining the steps along with the gramaphone record at the time? 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Myself and Mrs B are away to Lanzarote in May, We were there in 2005 and again in 2008.

Looking forward to getting away, haven't been anywhere since 2019.

C hill by the pool and on the beach.

What I don't get about Spanish holidays, is the folk who go and head straight for the irish bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Sir vaysa. Pour fafour. Mooch jos grassy ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Post edited by silliussoddius on

Absolutely it does. I was disappointed myself a bit when I saw the video. It doesn't do the song justice. It's very video killed the radio star because it's so cheesy.

Funnily enough when I looked up the translation of the lyrics after seeing the video, I thought they very much described the fresh and open experience and the way we danced on a sun holiday at 17/18 years old...tbf we copied the dance moves from others who were there but we very much felt the song without knowing the lyrics at the time... ☺️

"A sensual movement [sensual]

A very sexy movement[sexy]

And here comes the African with the dance that is a [bomb]

To dance this is a [bomb]

To enjoy this is a [bomb]

To shake this is a [bomb]

And women dance like that, like that, like that, like that

All the world

One hand on the head

One hand on the head

A sexy movement

A sexy movement

One hand on the waist

One hand on the waist

A sexy movement

A sexy movement

And now I start to shake

Softly down, down, down

Softly Up, Up, Up

Softly down, down, down

Softly Up, Up, Up

Bomb [sensual]

A sensual movement [sensual]

All women dance it [bomb]

All men dance it [bomb]

All radios put it [bomb]

Discotheques put it [bomb]

All people dance it [bomb]

And women dance like that, like that, like that, like that

All the world

One hand on the head

One hand on the head

A sexy movement

A sexy movement

One hand on the waist

One hand on the waist

A sexy movement

A sexy movement

And now I start to shake

Softly down, down, down

Softly Up, Up, Up

Softly down, down, down

Softly Up, Up, Up

Sexy, Mommy [sensual]

A sensual movement [sensual]

All women dance [bomb]

All men dance [bomb]

All radios put it [bomb]

Discotheques put it [bomb]

All people dance [bomb]

But this story ends, ends, ends

Just, just, finish it

And finish, finish, finish, finish, finish it

And finish, finish, finish, finish, finish it

And finish, finish, finish, finish, finish it"

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/la-bomba-bomb.html

I was thinking back this evening and my friend and I were sitting at the pool bar and said we'd get something to eat.

So we ordered pizza or something, can't remember. We use to chat to the waiter there the odd time and as far as I can remember met him out once or twice.

Anyway he hadn't got great English and when he served us the food, as he walked off, he said 'fat little cows' ..he knew what he was saying then lol tbf we were skinny Minnie's so we just thought it was funny :D

Advertisement