Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband only 15mbps - What can I do?

Options
  • 21-02-2022 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I have bought an apartment at the beginning of the year in Balbriggan and I started looking for broadband but to my surprise whenever I clicked my address I only can get around 15mbps. My neighbour next door in the apartment block is having around 100mbps with no issues. So, I gave a try to SKY - but it really is around 14mbps. They told me that it is maximum that my line can accept ( how my neighbour have 100? ). I thought that it is just 1 cable that is being connected to the block and then via splitter it is being redistributed to particular flats. So there must be something wrong with the connection/cable to my apartment. We have two boxes on the ground floor:

The first one I think is fiber splitter but not connected to anything. Also I have checked a map for siro coverage and everyone around have Siro apart from us:

Sky says there is nothing they can do, I have contacted Siro - no reply. Contacted Open Eir via twitter - they replied that they will look into it but it takes already some time.

Is there something I can do? someone else I can call or invite to take a look at it? I am very frustrated with those speeds..

Any feedback would be highly appreciated..

Thanks!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Who is your neighbours provider? Have you contacted them?

Advertisement