Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling items bought elsewhere (flipping)

Options
  • 21-02-2022 2:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I opened a market stall recently to sell a product and it has been going pretty well. I've been watching and listening to customers to see the demographic of the market to pinpoint further opportunities and I found that selling pop culture stuff like Pops, Marvel, DC, Star Wars stuff is promising.

I have a limited company to cover all my entrepreneurial tendencies. Is there anything stopping me from, for example, buying an item on eBay/online store for a fiver and selling it at my stall? E.g Forbidden Planet online sells an item on sale for 20 I know I can sell for 40 at the stall, rather than going to a distributor?

Basically is there a licence I need to sell particular products?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Nothing whatsoever stopping you once you know the item is genuine.

I have a customer in the Azores who buys a lot of items from me (€1,000 + a month). She resells them for a premium and does the same for other goods.

So keep an eye on other european countries or even look for collectible markets and visit. There used to be a superb market in Lublin in Poland - close to Ukraine border and the stuff you could get there was utterly amazing and prices were very cheap. This was about 10 years ago, but if you found a place like that with small things that were easily brought back in a suitcase, it would be a nice earner.

But no licence needed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Advertisement