Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society (Round 2) Carton House Montgomerie Golf Course (12th March 1130 hrs.)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Its been a busy few days here since Carton House and I never got to do up my review of the day. Looking at the results there, if I halved the amount of three putts i had then i would have had 75 more GOTY Points!!! Need to sharpen that up.

Driving up from the midlands to Carton, the sun was shining and looking promising, Benny done his fuddy duddy dance again and the sun shone in the bright blue sky! Parked at the range and met Kieran. and we were soon joined by Snackbox and the chat started, lack of balls in the range was soon forgotten and we made our way down to the clubhouse where we met some of the lads getting ready to go out and some arriving. The crack soon started and continued the whole day - even the rain couldnt dampen it!

Playing one of my Winter League matchplays with the round always had you thinking hard and can confuse you at times but I had loads to play for on the day on two fronts. I don't need to go into too much detail about the round and my ok golf (which was mixed with some pot luck & bad luck) but i must say the banter started walking off the 3rd (I think?) and never stopped for the rest of the round!! A Space mentioned previously, only in Ireland can we compliment someone with an insult and crikey did the insults, sorry compliments fly!!!! We had a brilliant laugh and that really made the day. The rain really tried to quiten us down but thankfully it only came near the end of our round, still enough to numb the hands though!! Many thanks to my playing partners - some very very good golf played and some serious bunkers found for poor Kiith. If a hole didn't have a fairway bunker he'd hit his tee shot into an adjoining one!!!

A few silly mistakes / duffed chips and too many dreaded 3 putts from nowhere done some damage to what could have been another decent score but I'm delighted for all the lads who topped the pile - well deserved for some great golf. Also - I really love my new 3 wood!!

Can't wait to get out again guys, see ye soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭boccy23

Thanks Easy, surprised anyone took the time to read my ramblings! 😂

Advertisement