Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit threshold

• 21-02-2022 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi my husband has recently gone on illness benefit, he doesn't get a payment for me as I am working but he gets paid something for our three children as dependents, I have gotten a position as a census enumerator for 10 weeks which I will do aswell as my job, my question is will this be included as weekly earnings as I fear it could push us over the threshold for the payment for the kids, and if so can he get it back quick enough afterwards, these things can be very slow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Yes, it's income for you and would count towards the cutoff. I assume there is a requirement to notify the department of a change in circumstances?

If your total gross weekly income will exceed 400 he would no longer be entitled to the increase, if between 310-400 gross, it would be half rate.

If he was still on benefit at the end of the 10 weeks, he could reapply for the increase again if necessary.

Advertisement