Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel a service when I cant get through to support?

• 21-02-2022 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have a home alarm and the "monitoring" aspect of it is not worth the 50 euro per month. They are never available. I want to cancel my account but I can't get through. I am left on hold until I give up and my emails get no response. It looks like they respond to negative reviews on trustpilot but the replies just ask people to contact support and they will help fix the problem. Since I cant get through to support, the reply I get will probably just be lip service.

I could cancel the direct debit but Im sure they will slap me with some fines for a bounced payment or something. So I'm stuck now. I don't know how to safely get out of this. If support is non-existant, how do I stop them from taking money from me every month when I no longer want the service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Pen and paper and registered post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

Are you in contract? if not, I'd phone to cancel, keep record of when, email them to cancel, keep record, then as suggested write to them, prob have to give 30 days notice, then when 30 days are up keep taking back any money the take via direct debit; they'll soon contact you, then tell them all you did, dates of when you did it, they've got their 30 days notice - cancel the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

If you're out of contract, then send an email saying you want to cancel the service, then cancel the direct debit. You don't need a response from them, just keep record that you've cancelled it.

If they try to apply charges for cancelling the debit you can simply ignore them. Just don't break any contract or you will have to pay an early breakout clause.

Advertisement