Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Camping on Inis Mor

Options
  • 21-02-2022 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm hoping to head to Inis Mor over the Easter bank holiday with my partner for a few days of exploring and camping. Looking to see the usual locations but also going to head well off the beaten track to the very north and south of the island. Has anyone ever wild camped on Inis Mor or know the locals thoughts on it these days? From what I can see, nearly all of the typical accommodation is booked out for that weekend so I imagine it'll be busy but we're determined to stay away from the buzz as much as possible.

I know the campsite is there in Kilronan but we're hoping to stay out on the West side of the island as much as possible for the few days. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Hiya, I went last year and got off the ferry and stayed here the first night because I fancied a few pints and kinda needed to organise myself with supplies etc as I went on a whim, https://www.irelandglamping.ie/. I went to the south of the island and found lovely places to camp. If you are buying anything, buy 2 ! ie gas and 2 lighters. Get yourself a battery to charge your mobile, I got one for 15 quid in argos and got 4 full charges from it ,

Enjoy yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Hello, thanks for the reply. I have all the kit I need thankfully, including electronic chargers as I'd be going over there for a few days of photography and exploring. Did you have to cross over onto any obvious farmland or ask for permission to camp anywhere outside of the main campsite?

Advertisement