Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doorhandle starting to "stick" in top position

Options
  • 21-02-2022 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

i have seen many doors in ireland (and only in ireland, for that matter) with this issue:

this is the handle from the door to my backyard. it was perfectly fine for 2 years, since we moved into this house. then, from one day to the other, it starting doing this.

whats going on? is there anything i can do about it myself? i dont want to disassemble it and not be able to reassemble it, so i thought i ask here first. also i feel that when i push it down to open the door, the range of motion of the bolt that moves in and out has become smaller. making me fear that one day i go outside, close the door, and then i wont be able to get back in as the motion the bolt does get too short to unlock the door. not sure if thats a realistic concern.

Advertisement