Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds Derogation - public consultation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

I think one proposal that should be submitted is that decoys should be allowed when hunting corvids.

Decoys are allowed when hunting pigeons, duck & geese but not corvids.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Again???? There was one last year!!!

I wonder is this going to be a yearly thing now. I think we need to make as many submissions as possible just to show we mean business

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

I know it was signed in yearly. But they never looked for public consultation 2 years in a row. Last year was the first year I was aware of that they sought public consultation

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭BSA International

Relevant Minister is a watermelon. Someone whispering in his ear if nobody tries to justify derogation they can scrap it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its a function of th department, people could have always made appeals, for or against such actions.

I think the issue is many shooters go complacent. An awful lot don’t even know the derog exists and think they could simply be shot. Which meant the voices of antis maiming appeared louder. Leading to the lack of a derog previously.

Id like to see the consultation be a regular thing. As well as tracking populations and health of birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Orders from Brussells more likely.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

there was plenty of outcry last time they tried to pull pigeon shooting..

i wrote in with an elaborate explanation of the issues and demanded that certain species are again expressly included in the derogation.

These animals need to be controlled..

Advertisement