Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Descaling HX machine.

• 22-02-2022 9:28am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So.......I regularly take the E61 group head apart to regrease and wash out except this time I took the "Mushroom" off to look see. To my horror 😀 a bit of Calcium Carbonate was building up on it. Like to look after my machine (Rocket Appart.) and looked this up. No, I wasn't using the supplied water tank filter supplied. Mistake. Slap!

Few YouT tutorials on the issue so I bought a bottle of liquid descaled for coffee machines specifically. Was going to buy Citric Acid and "home Made" descale but thought otherwise. The liquid one is cheap enough not wanting to skimp a few Euro.

Apparently it's east enough to drain the boiler tank, empty the machine and descale. You cannot, I'd imagine, just dump the descaled into the water tank and flush it through as it would be diluted even more with the boiler tank water and be less effective.

Just waiting on the postman.

Will put up a few pics when I get the descaled and show the build up, probably at the weekend.

(Dublin tap water so not immune to a bit of scale it seems)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

So.........happy enough with that.

Got my descaler today, put the machine on, flushed the boiler out and loaded the diluted descale mix into the tank. Not 100% descaled but a big improvement. Probably three years without doing this.

For some reason .......I thought that I'd read somewhere that, E61 machines didn't need to be descaled. My Gaggia Classic was regularly descaled but hey........you learn.

Pencilled in for 6 months for next treatment. It's a long auld process and flushing flushing flushing. Allowing machine /pump to cool down during the process also.

Advertisement