Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do if I send money from abroad to an Irish bank account number is wrong?

Options
  • 22-02-2022 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What should I do if I send money from abroad to an Irish bank account number is wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

In this case I would advise contacting your bank that the transfer was sent from and they should be able to trace or recall this payment from their end.

If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here and we'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 3 zhuang

International Money Transfer Not using IBAN, just using an bank of Ireland account can I receive money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for getting back to us here.

If incorrect information was inputted when requesting to transfer the funds the payment will likely bounce back to the sender. You will need to contact the bank or company where you transferred the funds from for further assistance.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement